Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 12

What a great, but busy day!

First, I headed over to the Autism Walk at Blair County Ballpark, where I was the official CBH (Creamer Baby Holder). It was so much fun to catch up with everyone I used to work with and see how their babies had grown since last summer. It was brutally hot on the field, so we weren't able to walk as long as we normally do each year.




After I left the Walk, I drove to the produce farms in Sinking Valley where I bought 3 more quarts of strawberries. I think I've already eaten 12 quarts, and they've only been picking them since Memorial Day.

yummmm!


When I got back into town, I had enough time to run in the house and store all the produce in the fridge before I had to be at my mom's house to pick her up so we could head to my grandma's for her church's strawberry festival.


The strawberry festival was UH-MAY-ZING!!!!!!!!!! They make all of their sandwich buns from scratch. Then, they bring you these desserts that are HUGE and made from scratch. I couldn't decide between the strawberry pie and the strawberry shortcake, so I got both, along with homemade ice cream for on them. It was DELICIOUS!!!! I already have the date for the Peach Festival written down in my calendar! It was so much fun to spend the afternoon with my grandma and cousin, especially when Kristie and I decided to take a trip down memory lane...

No comments: