Monday, July 13, 2009

Kris Letang autograph signing

Last Tuesday, I went to the South Hills to attend a Kris Letang autograph signing at Giant Eagle. It started at 12:00, but because of an appointment that ran late, I wasn't able to get there until 12:20. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, that I'd maybe have to wait about 30 minutes or so, but when I walked in, I could see the line snaking through the store. I ended up talking to a group of people who were in line behind me and we were told that they couldn't promise that our section of the line would get through in time before he left at 2:00. I then overheard some of the GE staff saying that there were over 600 people in line. We started out in Aisle 13 and by 1:20 had only made it to Aisle 8. I was really starting to think that there was no way in the world that I'd get close enough, but luckily the people I was waiting in line with were extremely nice. They knew someone who was about 6 aisles in front of us, so they took my stuff over to the friend they knew. So, despite the fact that I did not get to be at the table when my stuff got signed, I am now the proud owner of a Kris Letang autograph! :O)

Here are some of the pictures I was able to get, even with the "No photographs, please" signs they had hanging up.






No comments: