Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Home... Step 2- Home Inspection

Today, was the inspection for my new house. Luckily, there were no major concerns that would keep me from wanting to buy the house. There were a few little fixes, like a shut-off valve that the inspector recommends that I fix. Woohoo! Everything is still on schedule for closing on September 15th.

I also learned that the original hardwood floors are under the carpet in the living room and dining room and found someone who refinishes floors. I told him to pencil me in for the middle of September. Once the floors are finished, the house will be able to be painted and then I would be able to move in my furniture!!!!

So exciting, but yet so overwhelming at the same time!

Check out facebook for pictures of the house

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Seeing your posts titled "Step 1, Step 2" now has Step by Step (NKOTB) in my head....thanks!!

Laeioura said...

HAHAH! That wasn't what I was going for, but now that I've read your comment, I have that song in my head, too! :O)